Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ode to hoodies

Sticking to topics of things I love, I wanted to do a post on hoodies.





To put it bluntly, my favourite piece of clothing to wear is a hoodie. For those who didn't know, this piece of clothing's style can be traced back to Medieval Europe when the clothing formally worn by monks was a long, decorative hood called a cowl, attached to robes!

Then in the 1930s, what we recognise as today's hoodie was produced in the States by Champion. It's really interesting to think that this style of clothing was initially marketed to labourers who worked in freezing temperatures whilst in upstate New York.

Anyway I've always been a fan of the hoodie despite social connotations that it's associated with delinquency and concealed crime. I love its simplicity in being a hooded sweatshirt. I like its versatility in that it might have a vertical zipper down the centre much like a windbreaker, but most importantly I love its warmth and wearability. Whenever I traveled or backpacked for long periods of time, I always packed a variety of hoodies. I find them so easy to chuck on and suitable for any type of weather. Thin material ones worked wonders for hotter climates and thick, fleecy hoodies bailed me out when I was freezing my a** off!

I loved pulling the sleeves over my hands.

Add to that how hot hoodies look with a pair of skinnies or jeans pure and simple. To be honest I've always been a closest pervert at heart but I love a guy in a hoodie (and a girl at that lol).





Hot hot hot.








Plus my fondest memories were formed wearing these things :)







No comments:

Post a Comment