Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Eggs, sister and lychees

Today I woke up and decided to make some eggs. 

I was home alone and this made me miss my little sister even more because for as long as I can remember, her and I were always the ones who woke up and spent time together each morning with the parentals out of the house. We'd sit, chat and drink warm water together and she would tell me off because I'd always tip my warm water down the sink.

Here are my eggs on lightly toasted Bakehouse Light Rye bread. 






For those wondering, the flecks of black and grey particle aren't charred remnants of the pan (surprisingly enough!) - they are actually sprinkles of sea salt, black peppercorns, garlic, parsley and oregano. Eggs are lovely by themselves, especially the yolky runny centre, however this seasoning as subtle as it is, topped it off :)




Looking at this plate made me wish Ivy was here to share it with but I guess I'll see her soon enough next year. She would probably have a heart attack knowing that I made these :D



Anyway the weather outside is absolutely stunning. It's the perfect level of chilly and sun mixed together. The view from my backyard...





My view from the ground.






Heading out today in this beautiful weather so I think I'll put some Mor Lychee Flower Perfume Oil on. A very good girlfriend of mine gave me this for my birthday last year and I've cherished it ever since. Lychees are so delicious, sweet and subtle and a little of this scent on my wrists and behind my ears will brighten my day just a little.




No comments:

Post a Comment