Saturday, June 2, 2012

I said Love

Something I love doing is browsing makeshift arts and crafts markets in person. I have really fond memories of looking at local design markets when I was in Melbourne, Beijing and Bangkok. I'd spend hours on end just wondering through those places. When that's not available I love browsing stuff like that online.

Just the pleasure of seeing what cute little trinkets and pieces local designers have created using their creativity and recycled items is something that makes me really happy. I like anything that's a little left of the centre, a little odd, and most importantly a little kooky.

Something I came across today was this vintage ring created by Melbourne's the Triangle of Bears. Apparently Gem, the creator of this brand, used a charm which came out of a gumball machine in the 1960s, to create this ring. Yes, that's right. It's a set of mini dentures!!






Makes you take a second look :)

I also came across these nifty little speech bubble earrings while I was browsing her work.







The speech bubbles and hearts within are hand drawn on shrink plastic and basically embody conversations of love. I think I'll be buying a pair of 6 dollars soon :)

I've also come across this track which made my head involuntarily bop up and down when I heard it the first, second and third time. I thought my days of listening to Australian electro bands like Cut Copy were over but it seems like there's still that little part in me :) Hello 2008!

Shooting Stars by Bag Raiders.




No comments:

Post a Comment